News Links: The Top Twelve Reasons Why You Should Hate the Mortgage Settlement
- The Top Twelve Reasons Why You Should Hate the Mortgage Settlement « naked capitalism
As readers may know by now, 49 of 50 states have agreed to join the so-called mortgage settlement, with Oklahoma the lone refusenik. Although the fine points are still being hammered out, various news outlets (New York Times, Financial Times, Wall Street Journal) have details, with Dave Dayen’s overview at Firedoglake the best thus far.
- Credit Crunch Begins in Denmark | ValueWalk.com
The real reason for the desperate situation the Danish Banks are in is due to inflated property prices – which is in no way unique to that country. What makes the Danish property market stand out is that several "reforms" to facilitate irresponsible stupidity from the banks.
- Settlement Breakdown by State Plus Other Official Propaganda « naked capitalism
A little birdie sent me some settlement details. You can see how much little your state got, as well as whether your state bothered rewriting the official PR
- Greek death spiral accelerates – Telegraph Blogs
Greece’s manufacturing output contracted by 15.5pc in December from a year earlier. Industrial output fell 11.3pc, compared to minus 7.8pc in November. Unemployment jumped to 20.9pc in November, up from 18.2pc a month earlier
- Kurt Warner: Eli Manning not a Hall of Famer – Sports Blog – CBS News
I mean, he has an 82 . . . quarterback rating throughout his career. You know, he’s had five of his eight seasons where he has thrown 16 interceptions or more. His completion percentage on his career is 58 percent. To me, those aren’t Hall of Fame numbers