Letterman’s top ten reasons you know the economy is bad
Here’s the joke of the day via Steve Keen:
Ten reasons the economy is so bad (I suggest this as a top ten for David Letterman?):
- #10: I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
- #9: I ordered a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asked, “Can you afford fries with that?”
- #8: CEO’s are now playing miniature golf.
- #7: if the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you call them and ask if they meant you or them.
- #6: Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM. [this one is true]
- #5: McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.
- #4: parents in Beverly Hills have fired their nannies and learnt their children’s names.
- #3: a truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico. [this one’s actually true too ]
- #2: Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.
And finally, drum roll please, the #1 reason you know the economy is bad is:
Bernie Madoff, the guy who made $50 Billion disappear, is being investigated by Congress, the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!