On The Gold Rally, QEII and Other Links
Topic of the Day: The gold rally
Gold is vaulting toward $1300. And even though the one title below suggest concern, both articles are bullish reads of the situation. The contrarian in me, on the other hand, prefers a slow, steady appreciation and gets nervous when the prices of an asset is vaulting ahead.
- MarketClub Videos: Has the price of gold reached its zenith?
- How High Will Gold Gold This Fall? – Casey Research
In regards to the Fed, most commentators saw the statement yesterday as laying the groundwork for QE II. I still see the Fed waiting until the economy is at death’s door if purely for political reasons. They want a green light from politicians before they wade into QE II or credit easing. See my previous posts on this.
- Jul: A reduction in both fiscal and monetary stimulus
- Aug: Minack: If fiscal policy is dead, what does that mean for risk assets?
The Usual Fare
- 15 Shocking Poverty Statistics That Are Skyrocketing As The American Middle Class Continues To Be Slowly Wiped Out
- Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war
- FT Alphaville » Now! That’s What I Call Capital Increase 2010
- Is This What a Recovery Feels Like? – Room for Debate – NYTimes.com
- Ally Financial legal issue with foreclosures may affect other mortgage companies
- Was Obama’s town hall a wake-up call for the White House?
- Economist’s View: Summers Returning to Harvard at the End of the Year
- Die Euro Krise als Teil eines Finanzweltkriegs – Artikel – chaostheorien.de
- The Fed Remains in “Wait and See” Mode – CBS MoneyWatch.com
- The stock-bond disconnect | Felix Salmon
- FRB: Press Release–FOMC statement–September 21, 2010
- Economist’s View: A New Marketing Campaign for Import Protection
- oftwominds: Is Paying 10 Million People Not to Work Really a Good Idea?
- FDIC to vote on how to liquidate firms | Reuters
- BBC News – Price of cotton rises to its highest level in 15 years
- Paul Krugman – The Anti-Dog Whistler – NYTimes.com
- Jacob Lew, Obama Nominee And Former Citigroup Executive, Doesn’t Believe Deregulation Led To Financial Crisis
- Payrolls decrease in 36 U.S. states – National Post
The presence of an article in the links section at Credit Writedowns is not an endorsement of the views presented. However, it is a suggestion that the article is topical and worthy of your attention. If you would like to receive our links in real-time, please follow me (Edward Harrison) at @edwardnh. We also have a Facebook fan page now where we also post some links.