Blog news alert: I am still away from the computer almost the entire day.I will be nearly back to normal posting next week. Full posting schedule will begin early in September.
Also, while we have recently updated the blog theme, the hosting situation has become intolerable. The site crashes all the time recently and I am looking for a more stable hosting environment. Expect faster loading and more reliable up time by October. Fingers crossed.
- Bank of Scotland (Ireland) is to shut down – Irish, Business – Independent.ie
- SEC Sues New Jersey as States’ Finances Stir Fears – WSJ.com
- Brendan Keenan: It’s 1990 and Ireland’s national debt is falling but still at 110pc of GNP – Independent.ie
- Soros takes Germans to task for threatening recovery – Independent.ie
- Emmet Oliver: Time for ‘clawbacks’ on bank bonuses and pay – Independent.ie
- FT Alphaville » If Obama is anti-business, then explain this
- Mexico Under Siege – WSJ.com
- Treasury 10-Year Yields Near 17-Month Low as Fed, Japanese Investors Buy – Bloomberg
- Investors warn about a gold bubble burst as metal continues rally | Business | guardian.co.uk
- BBC News – Retail sales rise beats forecasts
- Entering a Death Spiral?: Tensions Rise in Greece as Austerity Measures Backfire – SPIEGEL ONLINE
- Economist’s View: "Deficit Hawk Down"
- With projected revenues dropping by as much as $1 billion, Oregon leaders debate what to do | OregonLive.com
- Marginal Revolution: Declines in demand and how to disaggregate them
- The World from Berlin: ‘No Reason to Discriminate Against Gay Partnerships’ – SPIEGEL ONLINE