News from around the web: 2009-08-08
- The liquidity pipes remain clogged – Gillian Tett
Parallels to Japan yet again
- As Economy Turns, Washington Looks Better – David Leonhardt, NYTimes.com
Could July’s employment report be a boon for Obama?
- What If the Captain of the Titanic Managed to Get Three Quarters of the Passengers on Life Boats? – Dean Baker
A different take than Leonhardt
- Unemployment: Keeping It Honest — John Lounsbury
John’s innovative employment index tracking hours worked.
- FDIC: Failed Bank Information – Bank Closing Information for Community First Bank, Prineville, OR
Bank failure 72. $209 million in assets.
- Android growth outpaces iPhone | Android and Me
I’ve pretty much ruled the iPhone out now.
- Bob Farrell’s 10 rules for investing – Prieur du Plessis
These are the rules that David Rosenberg also lives by, having learned from Ferrell at Merrill Lynch.
- America’s biggest economic problem? We’re all broke. Literally. – Marshall Auerback
- The world according to America – Prieur du Plessis
- Obama Has Cut Taxes for 98.6 Percent of Working Households – 538