News from around the web: 2009-10-29
Finance and politics
- New Name Floated In Geithner Replacement Talks – Dealbreaker
What up, bankster? Sorry, I know I said I wouldn’t be using that word but it’s in context and I had to say it. This will be the new Treasury lyrical theme.
- FT.com – Galleon paid banks millions for ‘edge’
Proof the system is rigged. Goldman and MS tops on list
- FT.com – How to avoid a repeat of the Great Crash
Is Friedman’s cure the answer to deflation?
- Struggling in a recovering economy
"for many Americans the pain is still dragging on"
- FT.com – Soros: General Theory of Reflexivity
Not much chatter on this yet. Hat tip Scott
- What if George W. Bush had done that? – Josh Gerstein – POLITICO.com
The conclusion here is right. There IS bias.
- The Cost of Larry Johnson’s Gay Slur on Twitter: $213,000
Inevitable when what was private becomes public
- North Carolina Sea Levels Rising Three Times Faster Than In Previous 500 Years, Study Finds
"20th-century sea-level rise to be three times higher"
- US swine flu vaccine too late to beat autumn wave – New Scientist
Let’s hope worst fears are not realized
- What Does a Smart Brain Look Like?: Inner Views Show How We Think: Scientific American
Very cool science.
Distraction of the Day: America’s Next President, the formative years