News from around the web: 2009-08-18
I have a lot more to add but I have a horrendous Internet connection where I now am. So I will provide more tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in answering emails and comments.
- “Just because the conventional economists are drinking the Kool-Aid doesn’t mean you have to” – FT AlphavilleDavid Rosenberg spins his tale of doom and woe – and he makes sense too.
- Obama Goes Postal, Lands in Dead-Letter Office: Caroline Baum – Bloomberg.comMy takeaway here is different than Baum or Obama: The FedEx, UPS, USPS example shows that the private sector has nothing to fear from the public option.
- Why Some Fund Managers Missed the Rally at SmartMoney.comFailing conventionally gives one a free pass, failing conventionally gets one fired
- No secrets to China’s success | John Ross | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
- Another View: Tunneling to True Profit in China – DealBook Blog – NYTimes.com
- Economist’s View: “Public Option versus Co-ops: The Market Test”
- Road to Recovery and Four Bad Bears – Paul Kedrosky
- Obama’s teflon melting as outrage over healthcare heats up – Marshall Auerback