- U.S. office market continues to spiral down – Reuters
Vacancy rate is now 15.9%
- Surprise drop in UK output hits recovery hopes – Guardian
Data in UK missing expectations now too.
- Close Relationship Between Past Warming And Sea-level Rise
520,000 years of data
- More Steve McNair Revelations And Fallout – Steve McNair murder
Rodney Peete better watch out.
- Ricardian Equivalence makes comeback – The Globe and Mail
This theory says stimulus is doomed.
- Justice Department to Investigate AT&T-iPhone Exclusivity?
Anti-trust is more active now.
- Missing the Point on High-Speed Rail – Ryan Avent
This seems like the perfect infrastructure project.
- Robert McNamara – Karen Tumulty, Swampland
Here he is in his own words on Vietnam
- Fitch Downgrades State of California GOs to ‘BBB’; Maintains Rating Watch Negative
Next stop junk. Hat tip CR.
- Pequot’s Wien Speaks Out on His Firm’s Closure – DealBook
Insider trading allegations to blame.
- Refiners Set for Lower Margins – Barrons.com
This is a bad sign regarding recovery.
- Fears for the world’s poor countries as the rich grab land to grow food – Guardian
- Hedge funds post best monthly performance for 10 years – Telegraph
Good omen for banks?
- Prius tops Japan’s car sale chart – BBC News
22,292 vehicles in June versus 6,231 last June
- Fallout from WaPo salon disaster continues – Lynn Parramore
No patients invited, just lobbyists
- Looks like the Fed is taking its foot off the gas pedal – James Pethokoukis
The monetary base is contracting
- Société Générale warns on €1.3bn CDS hit – FT
Is another wave of writedowns coming?
- China launches yuan trade scheme – BBC News
More moves by China away from the dollar
Distraction of the Day: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (take the kids)
Comments are closed.