- Willem Buiter’s Maverecon – Remembering Eddie George
Willem Buiter recounts some personal tales from the late Bank of Egland Governor’s life.
- Fujitsu’s Self-Desctructing USB Drive for Leak-Proof Secrets » My Digital Life
This is some serious James Bond technology, mate!
By setting 2% as an inflation objective, the Fed is “telling people in a generation they’re going to be losing half their purchasing power,” Volcker said.
- Volcker Says Fed’s Authority Probably to Be Reviewed – Bloomberg.com
Volcer does NOT seem to be on message here. Do I detect a rogue element in the Obama administration?
- 11 Essential iPhone Apps for a Road Trip – Mashable
I don’t own an iPone but my wife does so I keep up-to-date on iPhone happenings. You may find thse good apps to get for the road.
- 183 Times – The Washington Monthly
According to the May 30, 2005 Bradbury memo, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times in March 2003 and Abu Zubaydah was waterboarded 83 times in August 2002
- The Ship That Could Not Be Sunk « The Weekend Historian
This is an interesting account about innovation and history
- Irrational everything – Haaretz – Daniel Kahnemann
Here is a good article on the LACK of rationality in economics and finance by Nobel winner Kahnemann. Hat tip Rolfe Winkler. The article gives a good story about anchoring that reminds me of a post I wrote of a similar nature)
- RGE – Concorde’s fate offers a lesson for finance
An interesting analogy offered up at Nouriel Roubini’s site with some specific and worthy suggestions for reforming finance
- Made In India Pipe Sparks Union Outrage – Michael Shedlock
Sobering thoughts about the likely decline in the standard of living in the U.S.
- Financial Times-redaktør: ‘Kapitalismens tidsalder er forbi’ – information.dk (Danish)
An interview with Martin Wolf of the FT in Denmark. This link is in Danish but is great content.
- The Center of the Universe – Warren Mosler (hat tip Marshall Auerback)