Happy St. Patrick’s Day. I hope you have a good one.
Going forward in the links I will have a main link section of up to 15 links. But I will also add a few extra sections on:
- Blogs I have started following
- Technology (I am a tech nut, but sometimes the tech stories d not relate to global finance)
- Foreign-language links
- Re-posts (whenever an old post has relevance, I will re-post it and put it on the homepage and here in the links.
Sri Lanka plays hardball with IMF – BBC News The instability in this region is increasing and very worryingregarding U.S. foreign policy
Barclays reaches for its lawyers… – FT Alphaville This bank is imploding and could well be the next problem bank on the global scene
TIME Blogger: The Politico Is Transforming Our Approach To News … Above, I mentioned that the Seattle PI had gone digital only after 140 some years in operation. As in most downturns, newspapers and media are getting killed. I expect the shakeout to be larger this go round.
Free Larry Summers – The New Republic This a piece that is very good to Larry Summers. It is definitely worth a read for anyone who wants to know more about Obama’s chief economic advisor
Blogs I now follow
- Tweetdeck Gets Facebook Integration – the Next Web
- Comparing a Flip Video Camera to Canon – WSJ.com My wife bought one. Amazingly good
- A populist interpretation of the latest Boom-Bust cycle This post is highly relevant to the revelations at AIG and to the constant chatter about Goldman Sachs. I believe a populist response to this crisis is building in the U.S. and elsewhere. Comments are appreciated.